Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /var/www/html/bog/wp-content/plugins/wp-word-count/public/class-wpwc-public.php on line 123
Would you prefer to warm up to a clean-shaven man or someone with a luxuriant, thickset beard? Of course, the choice would depend upon your individual preferences but the entire world prefers to see men turn out or turn up with a clean-shaven face. Does it imply that the trend of men sporting a strapping beard is passé? There are still enough members of the opposite sex and voluptuous ones at that go gaga when or whenever they spot a bearded well-built man.
Some of the best Hollywood classics have featured leading male actors who brandished a perfectly chiseled physique along with a bearded mien. So, you’ve got to admit that beards are still very much in vogue and a round-the-year trend that is exploited to the hilt by men both young and old regardless of financial status and social standing. Having a long, overflowing and unkempt beard can help you to gain entry in an elitist religious or spiritual cult but you’ll need to keep it well-groomed if you wish the same to be admired universally.
That brings us to the subject of beard trimmers-sprucing gadgets-that help you to take thorough care of your beard as well as enable you to flaunt a goatee or Van Dyke-styled beard or simply the stubble.
Tips and Features of Trimmers
Growing a full beard without shaving or even trimming it will make you look like a lumberjack or the primeval troglodyte. But if you want to keep and show off a beard in times where immaculately groomed men rule the roost in every walk of life, you’ll have to trim the facial hairs as well as take good care of them. And that is when you’re going to need a quality trimmer or beard trimmer to be precise.
A trimmer comes in perfectly handy in helping you to cut the hairs on your chin in an orderly fashion and in a style preferable to you thereby putting the accent on your persona. The idea is to maintain the neatness and keeping the beard groomed with the help of a trimmer. So, how’d you go about choosing a trimmer of good quality?
If you are looking to grow your head hair, then hair loss shampoos are for you or just want to promote growth and strength, hair loss geeks recommend formulas with antioxidants such as vitamin E and ginseng, amino acids, and B-vitamins to help rebuild hair and reduce environmental damage.
What to look for in a quality trimmer or how to choose one?
Before you can start the process of selecting a quality trimmer from a listing of 5-6 products, you’ll have to consider the chief purpose you’ll be utilizing the same for. Will you be selecting a trimmer that’ll enable you to sever fast growing hairs that make you look like a zombie? Are you going to choose one that is more suitable for getting rid of the bacteria lodged deeply in the hairs and preserving the skin? Or are you going to select one that helps in splitting hairs conveniently based on your facial profile?
What are the aspects that you’ll need to factor in before you can zero in on a beard trimmer appropriate for your needs and preferences? There are almost unlimited types of trimmers available some of which are cordless and others that are corded, each having a distinct set of features and every brand claiming to be the best amongst the lot. Then again, every product comes equipped with its individual set of attachments.
So much variety and diversity in terms of features, attachments, modes of use, and price points can easily confuse the first-time buyer. In order to simplify your entire process, you’ll simply need to consider the following four facets:-
1.The length of your beard: Do you prefer to sport a stubble or are more comfortable with exhibiting a short, medium or long beard? You’ll find trimmers of different capacities or power-ratings. A trimmer with a higher power rating means it’ll be able to trim whiskers of greater length during a single run.
2.It is a multipurpose trimmer? Is the trimmer meant only for shaping the beard or it can also be used for shaving the head as well as getting rid of hairy growth on other parts of the body like armpits or chest?
3.Is it cordless or comes with wires for connecting to a power outlet?
Basic features of the product-Does it have a vacuum function? Does it come with add-ons for removing hairy outgrowths from your nose or ears?
Features of a good trimmer
As mentioned before, the job of selecting a trimmer suitable for your specific requirements can turn out to be a harrowing one owing to the profundity of models available each having its distinctive set of features. Nevertheless, there is a class of trimmers equipped with versatile features that you’d find extremely useful if you were to use the device at least a couple of times weekly. It is these functionalities that set the trimmers apart from the rest.
A well-maintained beard will not only heighten your charisma but also make your appealing to the opposite sex. Having said, following are some of the significant features of the best trimmers for men:-
1. Blade quality is unquestionable- Any superior quality of trimmer invariably has blades that retain their sharpness for years which frees you from the worry of having to honing the same in case it becomes blunt. Manufacturers of these trimmers usually guarantee that the sharpness will not be affected for a certain time period and they’d be willing to offer a replacement in case the original product loses its sharpness before the guaranteed period.
2. Pivoting heads with good degree of torqueMajority of the men make the switch from use-and-throw razors to beard trimmers chiefly owing to the recurring skin inflammations or irritations caused by the latter. Currently numerous brands of trimmers that are reinforced with built-in pivoting heads. A trimmer with a pivoting or rotating head is self-lubricated enabling the trimmer to simply glide over the skin surface while trimming the hairs. This type of trimmer functions more smoothly if you lubricate the skin surface with a shaving gel or foam.
3. Robust batteryOnly the cordless trimmers come with batteries whereas the corded ones required to plugged into a power outlet for powering them. So, if you’re opting for a rechargeable cordless trimmer, then obviously the robustness of the battery (that enables you to use the trimmer for an extended period) will make a huge difference as far as convenience of use is concerned.
Reviewing the Best Waterproof Drones 2017
The Phillips Norelco Multigroom Series 3100 QG3330 not only helps you to keep your stubble or the goatee neat and dapper but also lets you get rid of superfluous ear or nasal hairs. It is a multipurpose trimmer from Phillips that allows you to keep the hairs on your body in shape without burning a hole in your pocket as it costs less than $25.00. This Phillips trimmer has 5 separate attachments, namely the main trimmer, detailed or fine trimmer, nose/ear trimmer, hair comb, and the comb for moustache/beard.
The blades chiseled out of the best grade of grounded steel are self-sharpening that guarantee a steady and effective performance. On the other hand, the ergonomically designed combs and blade tips are gentle on the skin thereby minimizing skin irritation. The full trimmer lets you trim the beard when it gets too long enabling you to cut all the hairs uniformly thus giving you the look you need.
The precision trimmer allows you to fine-tune the stubble letting you carve out contours and conspicuous lines which eventually makes you look unmistakably masculine. You can trim your beard and the moustache to a length varying from 1mm to 18mm with the beard & moustache comb. The hair comb allows you to keep the hair on your head in perfect shape and in a style you prefer.
- Variable Length between 1 to 18 mm
- 5 Separate Attachments Included
- Multipurpose trimmer helps do away with pesky ear or nose hairs, trim beard and moustaches as well as carry out a haircut
- Option to select 18 different cutting lengths
- Blades constructed from premium grade of chromium and are self-sharpening
- 5 separate attachments for grooming facial, nasal, aural hairs as well as the hairs on head
- Can be used both in wet and dry modes
- Fully washable
- Rechargeable battery that allows continuous operation for 35 minutes on a single full charge that takes 10 hours
- A power charging cord is supplied with the package that has been adjusted for voltage specifications across different countries
- The gadget cannot be charged while it’s being used
- It takes inordinately long for charging or recharging the battery fully
- Trimming setting numbers are somewhat small making it difficult to distinguish the same
- The nose hair trimmer may not cut the hairs to a fine length
- The comb for beard may get clogged if unduly long facial hairs are trimmed
2. Phillips Norelco Beard Trimmer Series 7200, Vacuum Trimmer with 20 built-in Length Settings BT7215/49
7200 from Phillips. This beard trimmer is reinforced with the state-of-the-art internal vacuum technology that is exploited to the hilt thereby helping you to remove most of your stray and unkempt whiskers. The dual prowess of the internal fan and heavy-duty motor assists in effortlessly raising up the hairs in a manner that facilitates in immaculate trimming.
The self-honing blades together with the lift-and-trim technology are effective in trimming the facial hairs perfectly to a length you prefer thus enabling you to sport the style you favor. Since this Phillips Norelco Bread Trimmer Series 7200 is capable of cutting down tufts of hairs smoothly, it can be extensively used by men whose facial hairs tend to be bushy or dense. The comb add-on provided with the trimmer has tips with the right degree of curvature that helps in capturing hairs for splitting uniformly without agitating the skin.
There’s a zoom wheel which lets you choose from 20 different trim settings (0.5mm to 10mm with 0.1 increments) thus giving you full leeway in cutting hairs to a desirable length.
- 80 minutes backup in a single charge
- 20 different trim settings
- Patented lift and trim technology is effective in capturing and smoothly sizing nearly 90% of hairs to an even shape and size
- Self-sharpening blades prolongs the active life of the trimmer letting you have near unlimited shaves
- The curvaceous contour of the blade tips make the trimmer run gently on your skin thus preventing irritation
- The blades made from high-quality of tempered steel have been doubly honed that quickly and evenly trims more hairs
- Up to 20 trim length settings with graduations of 0.5mm
- The blades and comb can be rinsed thoroughly while the hair chamber simply needs to be emptied to clean it
- Powerful battery that can be charged rapidly that keeps the trimmer in operation for 1 hour 20 minutes at a stretch
- The tips of the main trimming head are somewhat fragile and prone to breaking
- Vacuuming technology limits exposure of the bladed section that can make fine trimming a hassle
The Phillips Norelco OneBlade Hybrid Electric Trimmer and Shaver, FFP QP2520 is just what you need for maintaining the goatee, Van Dyke or any other facial style you prefer. This advanced trimmer makes the most of Phillips’s signature OneBlade technology that evenly cuts clumps of facial hairs without getting too close that might irritate the skin. The blades are sharpened on both sides making these double-edged which are effective in detailed contour trimming and creating fine lines.
The Norelco OneBlade Hybrid Trimmer QP2520/90 is supremely handy for shaving, edging, and shaping bushy beards as well as stubbles. The OneBlade Trimmer which is replaceable lets you complete two trimmings in a week and lasts up to 4 months. Three additional stubble comb attachments allows you to cut down facial hairs to 1mm, 3mm, and 5mm lengths and the blades being double-edged can be made to move in the direction of the hair growth or against them.
The trimming system has been designed meticulously enabling you to see the hairs being trimmed without feeling uncomfortable. The ergonomic design of the trimmer corresponds with the profile of your chin that aids in uniform shaving of facial hairs. The nickel-metal hydride battery keeps the hybrid trimmer in operation for 45 minutes which is long enough for you to complete shaving in the manner you like.
- 45 minutes backup in a single charge
- Three Stubble comb attachments
- Fully replaceable blade that remains in service for a maximum of 4 months letting you shave at least twice weekly
- Fully water resistant letting you rinse the blade under running water
- Can be used with shaving gel or foam as well as in dry mode
- Fully rechargeable powerful battery that allows you to move the trimmer over your face for 45 minutes at a stretch and takes about 8 hours for a complete recharge
- The blade tips are sharpened on both sides that is effective for shaving in both directions resulting in a more uniform trimming
- Multiple stubble combs offer extra convenience in shaving
- The handle is not long enough for the user to grip it comfortably yet firmly resulting in a close and smooth trimming
- The width of the blade may not be convenient for all users
- There’s no chamber where the trimmed hairs get collected (that can be emptied later on) resulting in the area getting messy
- harging or recharging time of 8 hours is too long
Groom yourself just the way you prefer and flaunt your best face with the Phillips QG3364/49 Norelco Multigroom 5100 Grooming Kit. This trimmer from the world-famous electrical & electronics house is extremely versatile and yet is incredibly affordable. The all-purpose trimmer comes with 7 distinct attachments including a full-scale metallic trimmer, small foil shaver, nose trimmer, fine trimmer, beard comb, hair comb, and stubble comb. All these attachments can be comfortably packed in a pouch that is supplied with the package making it supremely convenient to carry it along with you.
These attachments come in handy when you need to maintain a short or long beard or your stubble on one hand and on the other groom your head, sideburns, and moustache. There are 18 separate trimming lengths to choose from thereby giving you sufficient flexibility in brandishing the look you like. The blades made from a blend of premium grades of chromium and steel are self-sharpening enabling you to accomplish a smooth shave every time you use the trimmer.
The teeth of the combs and the tips of the blades are curvaceous which implies that these are very gentle on the skin thus reducing skin irritation. The unique turbo boost functionality allows you to complete trimming thick and long whiskers in a very short time. The trimmer can be operated continuously for 1 hour after the lithium-ion battery charges fully in 60 minutes!
- One hour backup when fully charged
- Supports18 trimming Lengths
- 7 distinct attachments
- The trimmer distinct attachments that are useful in styling your hair, sideburns, thick or light beard, and stubble
- The gadget can be rinsed clean just by holding the same under a faucet
- A turbo button for enabling trimming of the densest facial hairs conveniently and quickly
- Detailed trimmer for having those fine lines and contoured trimming
- Full-size trimmer for having an evenly trimmed and shaped beard
- Nose trimmer for doing away with ugly and pesky ear or nose hairs
- Combs for styling sideburns, hairs on head, and fine-tuning your stubble
- Powerful battery that recharges in 1 hour for an operation lasting for the same time period
- The settings for trimming lengths do not operate perfectly or in other words if you wish to trim facial hairs down to 4mm, you’ll have to set the indicator at 6mm
- The trimmer head may vibrate within 6-8 months of using the product
5. Phillips Norelco Beard Trimmer 9100 with laser guide for beard stubble and moustache (Model # BT9285/41)
Show off exactly the look you’d want everybody to see courtesy the Phillips Norelco Beard Trimmer 9100 that is equipped with an inbuilt laser guide enabling you to trim the beard impeccably. This Norelco Beard Trimmer 9100 from Phillips emits a streamlined red laser beam projection incident on your face that helps in moving the trimmer exactly along the illuminated path. What you eventually have is a beard or stubble that is immaculately shaped with fine symmetrical lines.
You can use this trimmer without having to worry about jeopardizing your health as the laser light is categorized under Class 1 lights which mean the emitted rays are completely safe for the face or eyes. The blades have been shaped out of superlative grade of chromium steel making these extremely effective in achieving an even and neat trimming. Additionally, the blades are auto-sharpening which implies that you don’t have to maintain the trimmers.
On the other hand, the edges and tips of the combs and blades have a roundish form factor running mildly across your facial or head skin thus checking inflammation. You have the option of selecting from 17 standardized trim length settings (from 1/64-9/32 inches or 0.4mm-7mm) via the zoom wheel in order to create the look you wish to have. A LED-indicator prominently displays the calibration following your choosing a trimming length. You can also use the trimmer after plugging in the power cord into an electrical outlet.
- 17 trim lengths support
- 60 minutes backup when fully charged
- Laser beam projected on the face or head clearly marks the line making it easy for you to cut hairs in an orderly manner
- The infrared beam is safe from the perspective of health as it falls under Class 1 category
- Blades fabricated from tempered chromium steel that aids in having neat and uniform trimming as well as lasts long
- A zoom wheel for automatically selecting the length to which the hairs needed to be cut
- Self-sharpening blades frees the user from the hassle of oiling or maintaining the same
- Curvaceous tips of combs and blades make the trimmer move softly on skin thereby minimizing irritation
- Fully washable trimmer
- The trimmer may not be able to perfectly and evenly trim thickset and bushy beards
- The trimmer can sometimes get too noisy which could be quite an embarrassment
- Somewhat overpriced compared with other similar products
6. Phillips Norelco Beard and Head Trimmer Series 5100, 17 built-in Length Settings, Hair Clipping Combs, BT5210/42
If you strongly believe that showing off a face with perfectly trimmed stubble or a stylish goatee is better than having a clean-shaven profile, you can bank upon the Phillips Norelco Beard and Head Trimmer Series 5100 for holding on to your belief. This beard-cum-head trimmer combines drop-dead looks with functionality letting you groom a 2-weeks long beard or a 4-day stubble with perfection and achieve the look you wish to sport. The Trimmer Series 5100 comes with an upgraded comb that raises the facial hairs and wedges these in between the chromium steel blades for effective and uniform trimming.
After you’re through with cutting your stubble or week-long beard, complete the look you’ve been aiming for by touching up your hair courtesy the two additional combs (with long and short clips). Use these hair combs for sizing hairs on your head to a size ranging from 0.4mm to 13mm.
For cleaning the waterproof trimmer, you’ll just have to hold its head beneath a faucet for completely washing all the stranded hairs. Both the blades and the combs have been made keeping functional aspects in mind letting you trim efficiently time and again without making the skin go sore.
- Backup of 70 minutes after full charge
- Supports trim lengths between 0.4 mm to 13 mm.
- Highly functional beard trimming system that enables men to sport the profile they’ve in mind
- The trimmer along with the head is completely waterproof and therefore resistant to corrosion or wear and tear
- Extra combs for trimming hair in consonance with the style of beard
- The freedom to choose from 17 distinct trimming length settings
- Compatible with both cordless and corded operation
- Double-sharpened blades nick more hairs with every move of the trimmer completing the process faster
- The blades are self-sharpening which means these retain their sharpness for years
- Run time more than charging time
- The construction is not metallic as claimed by the manufacturer but channeled plastic
- The form factor of the trimmer head is not cut out for fine or detailed contouring
The Phillips Norelco Multigroom Series 7100 has a total of 8 add-ons that facilitate in helping yourself to groom from top to bottom. These attachments comprise a large metallic trimmer with guards, body hair trimming comb, body hair shaver, and hair clipping comb, nose/ear trimmer, detailed trimmer, stubble comb, and beard comb. You don’t have to put up with the hassle of lubricating or maintaining the sharpness of the blades as these are self-honing.
The blades chiseled out of chromium steel are ideal for achieving a trimness that makes you look dapper and masculine. Also the sturdy construction of the blades imparts an extended functional life enabling you to use the trimmer for several years. Each and every attachment has been designed for using on a specific area on your body. For instance, the large trimmer which is the main component lets you shape your entire beard in your preferred style as you can choose from 18 separate trimming extents.
Then again, you’ve got the fine trimmer that lets you experiment with a range of styles in case you prefer keeping a stubble. A useful attachment is the shaver for sizing and shaping the hairs on your chest, abdomen, nape, and other areas on your torso. There are combs for trimming hairs on your head as well as on different parts of the body.
- 18 Trimming Length Support
- 8 add-ons
- 60 minutes backup in a single full charge
- Comes with 8 attachments that help in trimming hairs starting from your head going down up to your ankle
- Large and precision trimmers for chipping off unruly and unkempt long hairs as well as trim short hairs of stubbles
- Totally waterproof which allows you to rinse the trimmer head and the attachments
- The option to choose from 18 different settings for cutting facial hairs
- Hike up the rate at which you cut the hairs via the turbo power mode
- The hardwearing lithium-ion battery takes up to an hour to charge for making the trimmer operate for the same length of time
- Cannot be used while it is plugged in
- The motor is not as strong as advertized and therefore trimming bushy beards might require some extra effort
- The attachments for trimming facial hairs as well as hairs on the head are somewhat inconsistent
Almost all the trimmers available in the market are geared towards men that might give the fairer sex a complex. After all, women tend to be more concerned with their looks compared to men, and therefore the need to sport a flawless skin devoid of irritating hairs is greater. Towards this end, Phillips has designed one versatile trimmer keeping the grooming needs of women in mind-the HP6378 Bikini Perfect Deluxe Trimmer.
With the help of this trimmer from Phillips women can get rid of unwanted and irksome hairs from head-to-toe. Equipped with six sophisticated attachments, the trimmer allows women to remove as well as trim hairs from eyebrows, face, armpits, nose, and other areas of the body. There is a precision trimmer that helps in cutting and sizing hairs around the bikini region.
There’s a comb that can nick hairs in five separate lengths and the epilators uproots hairs from upper and lower limbs imparting a silky like feel to the skin. The eyebrow comb and the micro-trimmer help in sectioning eyebrow hairs uniformly and pluck individual hairs respectively. The micro shaver comes with a hypoallergenic foil that prevents the skin from getting irritated while pulling out hairs.
The HP 6378 Bikini Perfect Trimmer can be used while one is taking a bath as well as before going under the shower.
- 60 Minutes Backup on a single full charge
- Supports 5 separate Length support
- Bikini Perfect Trimmer comes in handy for uprooting, shaping, and trimming hairs from top to bottom
- The trimmer can be operated for 60 minutes at a stretch
- 6 attachments for total body grooming
- Other add-ons including a travel bag, exfoliation glove, illuminating tweezers, and charging adapters add to the versatility of the product
- LED indicator signals when the trimmer is charged
- Can be used in both wet and dry modes
- Hypoallergenic foil for preventing irritation of the skin
- The micro shaver attachment is not as effective as advertised
- Not perfect for close shaving or trimming
- Need to hold the trimmer firmly throughout or else it may slip resulting in your having a sizing that is uneven
If you’re on the lookout for an easy-to-use trimmer without the bells and whistles (read attachments), then go for the Phillips Norelco OneBlade Hybrid Electric Trimmer and Shaver QP2520/70. This is a trimmer that comes with just one double-edged blade that does the hair removal, trimming and shaping jobs and is fully replaceable. You can use the trimmer head which is actually the OneBlade to tweak the 2-day stubble or the fortnight-long beard.
The blade being sharpened on both sides cuts facial hairs over a large section of the skin evenly as well as rapidly. Since the blade does not sit too deeply on the skin surface, you don’t feel uncomfortable while moving the trimmer. If you use the Norelco OneBlade twice in a week, it’ll let you trim and cut hairs for a maximum of 4 months. A total of 3 combs for sizing stubble hairs to lengths of 1mm, 3mm, and 5mm have been supplied with the pack.
Shavings or trimmings can be achieved in upward or downward directions, thanks to the blades being sharpened on both surfaces. The ergonomic design of the handle as well as the blade attachment allows you to move the handle up and down in accordance with the contour of the face.
- Support hair lengths between 1 to 5 mm
- Over one hour backup after a single full charge
- OneBlade can be used both in wet and dry modes
- OneBlade is completely waterproof allowing you to rinse the trimmer blades and attachments under running tap water
- A single blade for trimming, sizing, and cutting facial hairs
- Will need to replace the blade after 4 months of use
- Can choose from different trimming length settings thanks to three additional stubble combs
- The blades are double-edged enabling you to trim the hairs bidirectional
- Doesn’t get too close to the skin thereby preventing your skin from getting inflamed or swollen
- Ergonomically designed handle for running it in consonance with the contour of facial profile
- The blade width may not be convenient for all types of facial profile
- Contrary to what has been claimed, the blade doesn’t need to be replaced every 4 months as it lasts longer
- The razor is not bidirectional as claimed by the manufacturer
The Phillips QT4006/15 Pro Skin Advanced Trimmer is an affordable product that comes in eminently handy when you have to deal with a messy and untidy 2-week long beard or shape the hairs of a 3-day stubble. The tips of the blades have a curvaceous form and therefore these run very smoothly on the skin keeping you comfortable throughout the duration of the shaving or trimming period. The self-sharpening blades cut extra hairs during each run of the trimmer and are also maintenance free.
The QT4006/15 is also a breeze to use as you simply need to roll the wheel to select from 20 different settings with uniform graded increase of 0.5mm in a range varying from 0.5mm-10mm. So, whether you want to flaunt a French-style beard or a 4-day old stubble is up to you. The battery gets charged fully within 10 hrs and you can use the trimmer for a full month without having to recharge it during this period.
The trimmer along with head is waterproof which means you can use it while you’re in the shower. The trimmer head can be cleaned completely by holding the handle under a tap and you’d simply have to dry the same before replacing it in the jacket. The ergonomic design of the QT4006/15 lets you trim hairs throughout your face in a uniform manner.
- Strong battery support for a month long trimming
- 20 different settings
- A very simple and easy to use trimmer that does away with the need to use attachments
- Ergonomic design of the handle and the blade helps in firmly holding the trimmer in a manner that enables the same to be moved as per the natural contour of the chin
- A single charge that takes 10 hours allows the trimmer to be used for nearly a month
- The indicator remains lighted as long as the trimmer is charging
- The rounded shape of the blade tips means these touch the skin gently thereby preventing irritation
- The trimmer head can be removed for washing away the hairs
- Recharging the battery takes too long
- The trimmer cannot be used while it’s charging
- Can only be used for trimming and not shaving
In this the top 10 Phillips trimmers were reviewed on the basis of features, ease of use, battery charging speed, and price. Almost all the reviewed trimmers stood up to the test as these were equipped with the basic features but some products had additional features and also were capable of being used for a longer duration on a single charge. If you’re looking for a multipurpose trimmer that’s also pocket-friendly, then you can choose the Phillips Norelco 3100 or Phillips Norelco OneBlade QP2520-70 the former costing under $20 while the latter is priced under $35.00.
However, if you want to settle for something more versatile, then go for Phillips Norelco Beard Trimmer 9100 that boasts of laser technology and costs about $90.00. Women can go for the Phillips HP6378 Bikini Perfect Deluxe Trimmer for sporting a nimble physique with a velvety skin.