Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /var/www/html/bog/wp-content/plugins/wp-word-count/public/class-wpwc-public.php on line 123
The standard projectors as we know it have traditionally been used in large firms, trade shows, and company board meetings for making power point presentations and also for playing movies. Nevertheless the bulkiness of a conventional projector makes it inconvenient to be packed with your luggage and carried along when you need to make a presentation in a different city. Additionally, their heftiness and expensiveness also renders them unsuitable for domestic use.
However, nowadays it is possible to enjoy a movie or a video inside your home or stage a presentation during a business conference without having to tow the bulky and expensive contemporary home theater projectors. Welcome to the world of portable projectors that are variously called pocket projectors, pico projectors, mini projectors, and micro projectors. Pocket projectors are growing in popularity with every passing day because of their versatility.
These small projectors are immensely lightweight which makes them very portable enabling you to take them along with you to wherever you wish to. In fact, most of the leading brands of pocket projectors are small enough to be tucked inside your shirt or trouser pocket. Additionally, most brands of pocket projectors for sale are pocket-friendly as well which implies you don’t need to spend a fortune to buy one.
Using a pocket projector is convenient as its operation can be controlled and monitored via a remote. The quality of images, pictures, and representations reproduced by a typical pocket or mini projector may not be as good as those reflected by a HDTV or a Blu-Ray DVD. Nevertheless, there are some topnotch pocket projectors that project HD quality pictures and videos.
Pocket projectors on the whole come in perfectly handy when you wish to view a movie in the comfort of your home or deliver a presentation in a classroom or office.
Tips When Buying Pocket Projectors
Pocket projectors are chiefly used for projecting images onto a flat surface like a wall or a white screen. In this respect, the portable, handheld projector is basically a miniature version of the standard or conventional projector. Pico projectors are a tad bigger than smartphones and look somewhat like a set-top box.
Basically, a pocket projector comes with a beamer or image projector embedded inside the gadget for projecting digital illustrations onto a surface. Pocket projectors for Android phones can be hooked up with Android-enabled gadgets including smartphones, tabs, and laptops for screening videos, photo albums, movies, and other image files using a video output attachment. Small firms, companies, businesses, and entrepreneurs can take advantage of a pico projector as the same can be toted inside a handbag or briefcase for making presentations on the move.
Applications of Pocket Projectors
Following are some of the main application areas of pocket projectors:-
- Screening of movies and videos in a domestic setting
- Displaying presentations in small offices and firms
- Making power point presentations in schools, colleges, and universities complete with charts and slides
- Viewing HD and high resolution images, pictures and movies archived in smartphones or tabs equipped with projector functionality:-The latest and state-of-the-art versions of smartphones have the ability to capture and store near innumerable photo galleries and movie files having high resolution.
- Unfortunately, the display screens of these smartphones are small and owing to this deficiency, one is not able to view the pictures or videos in a manner similar to those seen on large screen HDTVs. However, you can connect a pocket projector with a smartphone using a video output add-on or accessory for viewing an enlarged representation of any video or movie file
- A mini projector can be set up with a video camera or webcam:-A pico or pocket projector can be linked to a video camera or home security camera for viewing muddled footages or images. The user may not be able to see and distinguish hazy or fuzzy pictures on CCTV or on his smartphone display. However, connecting the micro projector to the webcam enables him to view blown-up illustrations of cloudy or indistinct images.
- A pocket projector can help improve gaming experience:-The small size of the screens of videogame consoles is a noticeable handicap that does not allow the player to fully enjoy playing his or her favorite games. Connecting the console with a pocket projector Philips enables to project bigger images of any episode or scene from a videogame on a wall or flat surface.
Features of a High Quality Pocket Projector
This pocket projector review article highlights the basic features of a pocket projector that will have an impact on viewing experience. Additionally, the specific features of a micro or mini projector also have a bearing upon its performance:-
Picture quality/brightness-Pocket projectors for sale usually contain the following basic parts: the electronic components, battery, laser image projector, combiner optic, and the battery. Majority of the pocket projectors are orientated around the LED image projector or laser. The capacity of the projection hardware determines the picture quality and the brightness level of the projected images.
A good quality image projector comes with a minimum brightness rating of 250 lumens. A pocket projector having a 250 lumens display will project images and pictures that are clear and bright enough to be seen even in an enclosure reflecting ambient light during daytime. As far as image quality is concerned, mini projectors exploiting laser technology reproduce pictures that inherently have a better quality than those reflected by LED pocket projectors.
Default resolution is another important feature that impinges on the performance of pocket projectors. Pocket projectors are designed with a specific default resolution just like some digital gadgets including PCs and laptops. The resolution of a pocket projector varies from one model to another and is usually similar to that of a HDTV or a standard television.
Higher the imaging resolution of a projector, the better will be the image quality of the projected videos or movies.
Throw specification or ratio
The throw specification of a pocket size home projector is related to its range. The range is the distance between the pico projector and the screen and the throw specification ratio is determined by dividing the distance by the displayed image’s width. A projector with a small throw ratio needs to be set up close to the projected surface or screen so that the gadget can display large and crystal clear images.
On the other hand, pocket projectors with larger throw specification have to be placed at a good distance in order to view bright and clear displays. Checking out the throw specification of a handheld projector matters a lot particularly if you’re planning to use the same extensively.
Other Factors to Consider While Choosing a Pocket Projector
A pocket projector is supposed to be portable so that it can be easily packed and transported from one place to another. It is for these reasons that a pocket projector happens to be compact. So, in this context, a pocket projector does not have much scope to house powerful speakers.
Most pocket projectors are equipped with only one speaker and that too with a poor audio quality. However, there are enough high-end pocket projectors for sale that are Bluetooth compatible or supplied with 3.5mm audio jack for hooking up with external speakers.
If you want to use your pocket projector just like the standard home theatre projector, you’ll naturally want a model with a robust battery. The charge stored in a battery should be sufficient to enable you to deliver presentations without let or hindrance. The charge of a battery in a typical pocket sized home projector lasts for about 1-2 hours. Higher priced models usually offer you a spare battery.
If you wish to buy a pocket projector for use at home, then choosing one with a HDMI port will suffice. On the other hand, if you’re looking to use the device more extensively, then you’ll have to opt for a pico projector that comes with a host of connectivity options including HDMI, audio out, and VGA port.
1. Mini Projector, Portable LED Projector Home Cinema Theater with PC Laptop USB/SD/AV/HDMI Input Pocket Projector for Video Movie Game Home Entertainment Projector-Black
Win your audiences by making perfect presentations and clinch profitable deals with the help of Deeplee Mini Projector. This advanced projector is as small and handy as a smartphone that enables you to easily carry the same along with you to any place you want to. The pocket sized projector for home also boasts of a surfeit of connectivity options including USB, SD, AV, and HDMI.
You can connect the projector with a host of digital gadgets in your home like a PC, laptop, DVD, LED, and HDTV. The LCD image projector with a resolution of 320 x 240 pixels can project images that have a size ranging from 24-60 inches. The minimum projection distance is 1m while the maximum range is 3.8m.
The Mini Projector from Deeplee supports a plethora of audio and video file formats including but not limited to MP3, WMA, AAC, MP4, RMVB, AVI, RM, and MKV. This pocket projector also supports a host of image files like JPEG, BMP, PNG, and so on and so forth.
- Extremely portable lightweight weighing just 10.2 ounces
- Compatible with most electronic devices and digital gadgets
- High quality of display images
- Has a built-in speaker and compatible for connecting with external speakers
- Can be operated both via remote and manually
- Supports many audio, video, and image files
- Extremely lightweight and compact: weighs just 3 pounds enabling it to be packed conveniently inside a carry case or handbag and carried along
- The default resolution of 320 x 240 can be altered to ‘zoom’ or ‘frame advance’ as and when required
- Choice of 2 distinct EQs that can be controlled from menu and playback: five-band and routine bass/treble monitoring
- A great degree of customization possible via the different menu sections
- Picture can be suitable focused by going to the on-screen menu and pressing the ‘OK’ key on remote during playback of video
- A suite of connectivity options
- Almost plug-and-play
- Speaker volume can be raised considerably
- Image quality and brightness not as good as a laser projector
- Some of the instructions are brief and unclear
- Some graphics, icons, and subtitles are illegible
2. Magnasonic LED Pocket Pico Video Projector, HDMI, Rechargeable Battery, Built-in Speaker, DLP, 60 inch Hi-Resolution Display for Streaming Movies, Presentations, Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops (PP60)
The portable LED Pico video projector from Magnasonic is a veritable pocket size projector with dimensions of 3.9 x 3.0 x 0.5 inches. Magnasonic claims it is the smallest amongst all brand of pocket projectors allowing marketing and PR executives to take it along with them from office to office for projection of realistic displays. Using the projector is a breeze as one just needs to hook up the device with a smartphone, tab, laptop, and a host of other gadgets for making presentations in office or enjoying movies at home.
An accompanying HDMI™ to HDMI™ cable comes in handy for connecting the DLP pocket size projector for home with a host of HDMI compatible appliances like DVD/Blu-Ray players, game consoles, PCs, and so on. The LED DLP image projector with a 25 lumens rating projects images that have a resolution of 640 x 360 pixels. The 2100mAh battery when fully charged enables the projector to be operated for 2 hrs at a stretch and is rechargeable.
- Smallest digital light processing projector in the world
- Remarkably lightweight: weighs just 4.48 ounces
- Simply plug-and-play
- Crystal-clear images: resolution of 640 X 360 pixels
- Accompanying HDMI, micro-HDMI, Samsung Galaxy adapters, and MHL cables facilitates in connecting with media players, smartphones, tabs, and Apple gadgets
- Built-in speaker
- 3.5mm headphone jack cable for hooking up with smartphone headsets or external speakers
- Miniature DLP projector allows making presentations, viewing videos and movies on the go
- Multiple connectivity options for linking with a range of gadgets including but not limited to smartphone, tab, HDTV, MP3 player, Blu-Ray DVD, and gaming console
- LED light hardware projects realistic and vivid 60” pictures
- Setting up is easy and fast: simply connect the HDMI, micro-HDMI, MHL cable or smartphone adapter for getting started
- Powerful battery allows continuous operation up to 2hrs and is rechargeable as well
- Being incredibly lightweight and compact, the projector can be packed and carried conveniently
- The brightness is just not sufficient for projecting and displaying images in a room or enclosure with ambient lighting
- The display size is also not large enough for delivering a presentation in a classroom or boardroom
- The inbuilt speaker is not loud enough to be distinctly audible, so connecting with an external speaker is a must for enjoying movies and videos
- Continuous operation for just 2 hrs implies the projector falls short of needs for someone who earns his livelihood by making presentations
3. DBPOWER T20 1500 Lumens LCD Mini Projector, Multimedia Home Theater Video Projector Support 1080P HDMI USB SD Card VGA AV for Home Cinema TV Laptop Game iPhone Andriod Smartphone with Free HDMI Cable
The T20 1500 Lumens LCD Mini Projector from DBPOWER offers much more value than what you pay for. With a brightness rating of 1500 lumens, this handheld, portable projector projects extremely lifelike and colorful images that are definitely brighter than those displayed by a LED projector. This pocket projector has been exclusively designed for enabling presentations, enjoying movies and videogames in a completely darkened room.
The DBPOWER video projector can be operated at a stretch without any interruptions or the LCD light engine getting overheated. A built-in, inventive cooling system disperses heat and the noise suppression mechanism muffles the noise of the cooling fan. This mini projector displays illustrations and representations in size ranging from 32” to 176” when the projection range varies from 1.5m to 5m.
Nevertheless, the recommended distance that needs to be maintained between the screen or any other flat surface and the projector is 2-2.5m for displaying images of size 130” which are clear and distinct. The DBPOWER T20 LCD projector is compatible with a set top box, camera, smartphone, gaming console, USB drive, amplifier, tripod, PC, and laptop.
- 1500 lumens portable video projector
- TFT LCD display technology
- Proprietary and supported resolutions: 800 x 480 pixels and 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Best projection distance: 2-2.5m
- Best image size: 130”
- Heat dissipating and cooling fan
- Noise suppression system
- Easy to set up: just plug-and-play
- HDMI cable supplied free of cost
- Reflects vivid, lifelike, and distinct pictures as the projector harnesses LCD TFT imaging technology
- HDMI jack cable provided with the projector enables linking with a host of gadgets and devices including a camera, smartphone, media players, tab, PC, and laptop
- Comes with an inbuilt speaker whose volume can be turned up
- The projector is extremely robust as the same has been constructed out of hardy materials
- 3.5mm headset jack allows hooking up with headphone of a smartphone
- Quality of the images reflected are not as clear and sharp as those reproduced by an HD projector
- This projector is recommended for using only in completely dark areas or enclosures and not for using in rooms where sunlight streaks in
- Does not come with some essential and indispensable attachments including batteries or smartphone adapters
4. Amaz-Play Mobile Pico Projector Portable Mini Pocket Size Multimedia Video LED Gaming Projectors with 120″ Display, 120,000-Hour LED, Can Be Charged by Power Bank
If you’re searching for a pocket projector that is compact, lightweight, super portable, and versatile, then don’t look beyond the Amaz-Play Mobile Pico Projector marketed by Amaz-Play. This is one of the best pocket projectors compatible for hooking with a smartphone, PC tab, Mac OS Machine, Windows Machine, X-Box console and Bluetooth Speaker. A Wi-Fi dongle has been provided for setting up with a tablet PC, iPhone, iPad, and smartphone in order to download the EZCast Pro App.
Besides Wi-Fi connectivity, there are other versatile connectivity options including micro SD card, USB, and HDMI. All these connection interfaces allows the Amaz-Play to be linked effectively with set top box (HDTV), Bluetooth speakers, home theater system, and the like. An embedded, 4200mAh battery furnishes sufficient juice making it possible to run the projector for completing a series of presentations.
This pico projector harnesses state-of-the-art DLP imaging technology for displaying brilliant and clear images having a size of 120 inches. The Amaz-Play is a resourceful wireless pocket projector that comes in supremely handy for watching movies at home or making presentations on the move.
- Lightweight and compact-weighs 9.6lbs and measures 4.3 x 4.3 x 0.9 in size
- LED light machine is good enough for running 1, 20, 000 hours
- Wi-Fi dongle (provided with the pack) for wireless connectivity
- Host of other connectivity alternatives: HDMI/micro-SD/USB (HDMI cable provided)
- Exploits advanced DLP (digital light processing) technology
- EZCast PRO app enables the completion of several vital functions
- Power Bank (sold separately)
- A very compact and handy projector that can be conveniently tossed in a tote and also has a high aesthetic appeal
- Comes with built-in input depressions for hooking with a surfeit of gadgets
- Input image resolution of 854 x 480 with a capacity for supporting a maximum resolution of 1080p
- Image projection duration of LED light engine is 1, 20, 000 hours
- The projector has been fabricated out of high grade materials which makes it heavy duty and long lasting
- Can be used for projecting images from a range of file formats
- Quality of images takes a beating when the projector is used in a lighted up room or even in an enclosure with dimmed light
- The buttons are small and not quite tactile: using the remote is always a better option
- A tad expensive
5. iToobe i8 LED Mini Portable Pocket Multimedia Home Cinema Theater Video Projector Support 1080P with HDMI/USB/AV/SD/VGA Input for Movies Games Music Home Theater Entertainment (Black)
If you’re in the market for an entry level pocket projector, then go for the iToobe i8 LED Mini Portable Projector. This is one small, handheld projector that has been especially designed for screening educational footages and cartoon movies in kindergarten classrooms. At the same, it can also be used for viewing films and videos at home as well as for enjoying videogames.
This mini pocket projector from iToobe combines aesthetics with versatility. At the backside of the device, the ports for IR, VGA, HDMI1, HDMI2, USB, AV (RCA), and power input can be clearly distinguished. The projector can be coupled with an X-box play station, DVD, laptop, PC, and a host of other digital and electronic gadgets. This gadget is also quite light in weight weighing about 450 grams and remarkably compact with dimensions of 4.5 x 3.9 x 1.96 inches.
This iToobe multimedia home cinema theater video projector has a native resolution of 480 x 320p and can project images having a resolution of 1920 x 1080p.
- Compact and lightweight: can be packed inside a briefcase or tote bag
- Brightness-120 lumens:-Ideal for viewing videos and movies at home
- LED lamp’s running life: 20, 000 hours
- A range of connectivity inputs: HDMI/VGA/USB/AV/SD
- Throw distance specification: 0.5m-3.8m
- Image size range: 20-100 inches
- Best view size: 30-60 inches
- Perfectly blends good looks with useful features
- Can be easily taken along from one place to another as it quite compact and reasonably lightweight
- Boasts of a host of connectivity options for pairing with DVD, smartphone, media players, external speakers, and so on and so forth
- Image quality is excellent when viewed in a room that is completely dark
- Internal speaker reproduces good quality of audio and the volume can be turned up
- The LED light projector can project images for a total of 20,000 hours
- This projector has been designed for showing movies and videos in small classrooms of junior and preschools
- Cannot be used for making power point presentations or business presentations in offices and conferences
- Image quality takes a toll when the projector is used in a space or room with ambient lighting
The WhaleStone WS80 Portable LED Home Theater is a moderately priced pocket projector that not only looks attractive but is also loaded with a suite of functional features. This is a pico projector whose LED engine boasts of a brightness rating of 1200 lumens that is sufficient to project images and illustrations with high clarity and vividness when used in a darkened room. This micro projector has a projecting range fluctuating between 1.2m-3.8m.
Within this projection range, the size of the images displayed varies from 37 inches to 130 inches. The keystone correction functionality helps in adjusting the trapezoidal distortions or deformities of images. The best or optimum projection range for this pocket projector is 1.5m-2m and at this range, the gadget displays representations having a size varying from 49-80 inches.
At the rear end and on one side of the projector there are inputs for USB/VGA/SD/HDMI/AV. These multifunction ports enable the projector to be coupled with a DVD player, PS3/PS4 media player, X-Box, and a host of other digital gadgets.
- Multimedia pocket projector with LED imaging technology
- LED light longevity: 20, 000 hours
- Brightness: 1200 lumens
- Unique feature: Keystone function for correcting image distortions
- Inherent resolution: 800 x 480p
- Supported resolution: 1920 x 1080p
- Best projection distance: 1.5m-2m
- Best projected image size: 49-80 inches
- Multimedia pico projector supports a range of audio, video, and image file formats including MP3, WMA, WAV, AVI, MOV, JPEG, and GIF to name a few
- The projector is reasonably priced
- Lightweight and compact design of the pocket projector under $150 makes it eminently portable
- The gadget comes with a host of connectivity options
- Easily adjustable focusing with keystone function
- Operating the device is supremely easy: just plug-and-play
- Standard resolution makes possible viewing of both still and moving images that have good clarity and vividness
- The projector is powered by a LED light engine doesn’t project high resolution HD quality images
- The inbuilt fan for keeping the projector cool does get a tad loud
- Definitely not suited for making PPT presentations in boardrooms, conferences or trade shows
- Also not suitable for using in enclosures or areas that are not fully dark
7. AAXA LED Pico Projector with 80 Minute Battery Life, Pocket Size, mini-HDMI, 15,000 hour LED life, and media player
The LED Pico Projector from AAXA is truly a pocket size gadget that you can effortlessly slip inside your trouser pocket when you’re in a hurry to make a presentation. This pocket projector ultra with dimensions of 4.25 x 2.36 x 0.7 inches is supremely portable enabling you to carry it with ease. Despite its small size, it is capable of projecting remarkably sharp, lucid, and bright pictures in dark rooms.
A mini tripod is included in the package that offers a stable and secure installation platform to this pocket size home projector. The pico projector has a built-in mini-HDMI port, USB port, micro SD card slot, and AV input. A 3.5mm headphone cable jack is also supplied free for connecting with headset of smartphones.
A lithium-ion battery embedded inside the projector allows you to operate the projector for 1 hour 20 minutes constantly. This lithium battery is rechargeable and is very hardwearing at the same time letting the LED light source display images for a whopping 15,000 hours. This AAXA super compact mini projector is ideal for enjoying and sharing magnified visual content with your near and dear ones.
- Lightweight and extremely compact pocket projector: weighs 0.6lb with dimensions of 2.36 x 4.25 x 0.7 inches
- QHD resolution: 960 x 540 pixels
- Exploits LCoS (Liquid Crystal on Silicon) Technology: Images with high resolution minus the adverse effects of color wheel
- Inbuilt media player
- Inbuilt Li-ion battery
- Connectivity options: AV input, mini-HDMI, USB, and micro SD
- It is a DLP (digital light processing) projector that takes advantage of LCoS technology thus projecting clear and bright images devoid of haziness or blurriness
- Comes with a range of attachments and built-in features including mini tripod, headphone connector, media player and lithium ion battery
- LED light capable displaying images for a total of 15,000 hours or 7.5 years approximately
- The portability of the pocket projector facilitates in carrying it to any place
- Ample scope for personalization via the settings on the different menus
- There are no ports for connecting VGA and HDMI cables
- One cannot charge the device and watch displays simultaneously
- Images projected on screens larger than 45 inches will appear somewhat dim
- The accompanying tripod is not stable and handy
The Brookstone Pocket Project Micro weighing less than 1lb and with dimensions of 4” x 3” x 0.5” is one of the lightest and most compact of pocket projectors 2018. This projector is capable of throwing images on a screen, measuring up to a maximum of 50” without any distortion or blurriness. This gadget is suitable for hooking up with a variety of devices including but not limited to smartphones, tabs, X-box game consoles, PCs, laptops, AV streaming, and Bluetooth appliances.
The compactness of this pocket projector implies that the same can be readily packed inside a tote or handbag or slipped into a pocket. The pocket projector comes with a built-in battery that keeps the device continuously in operation for a maximum of 2 hrs. A micro USB cable and a HDMI cable are supplied free with the pack that allows you to pair the projector with numerous digital devices.
- Lightweight, compact, and ultra portable
- Capable of projecting vibrant, clear, and sharp images up to a size of 50”
- Battery holds charge for 2hrs when the projector is in operation
- Micro USB cable provided
- HDMI cable (along with 5-to-11 pin adapter)
- LED light with 15 lumens rating good for enjoying movies or videos up to 20,000 hrs
- Being extremely compact it occupies very little space
- Lightness of this pocket projector ultra enables the same to be carried anywhere for viewing a movie or playing videogame
- Connectible with an array of devices including audio/video players, cameras, media streaming gadgets, smartphones, tabs, and game consoles
- The necessity of buying attachments like cables and adapters is done away with as a HDMI and micro-USB cable is supplied with the pack
- A screening can be enjoyed when the projector is charging: even the paired smartphone or laptop can be charged
- Displays crystal clear pictures up to a size of 50” when placed at a distance of 10ft away from the screen or wall
- The instructions for using the projector are not very clear: takes some time to figure them out
- Sound output quality though par for the course is not good enough for movie viewing
- May not be compatible with some models of smartphones, tabs, laptops, and PCs
Momiqi’s Mini Portable Pocket Projector Home Theater Support 1080p is best suited for enjoying latest movie releases and footages in the privacy of your bedroom.
This pico projector has a projection range varying from 30 to 80 inches and image projection size ranging from 24 to 60 inches. The lumens capacity varies from 24˜60 inches which projects pictures with a resolution of 320 x 240 pixels which makes the mini projector perfect for screening in dark environments.
However, this wireless pocket projector can screen videos with resolution of 1920 x 1080p and photos with resolution of 1680 x 1050 provided the appropriate pairing attachments or accessories are used. There are connection ports at the back and side panels including a HDMI, USB, AV, and SD card. The LED lighting engine exploits LCD TFT imaging technology for reflecting vivid, brilliant, and realistic pictures.
The projector can be coupled with power banks that are generally used for charging digital gadgets like smartphones or tabs. The device has been crafted out of toughened and recyclable ABS material while the LED light emitted is bridgelux which doesn’t affect vision or health issues.
- LED light source
- TFT LCD imaging technology
- LED light capable of projecting images upwards of 30,000 hours
- Native resolution: 320 x 240 pixels
- Supported resolutions: 1920 x 1080p (for video) and 1680 x 1050p (for audio)
- Supports multiple audio/video, image and txt file formats
- Best projection range: 60 inches
- Mini projector is appropriate for enjoying viewing of photo albums, picture galleries, and movies in a completely dark environment
- Lifetime of LED light is more than 30,000 hours which translates into several years of viewing
- Multiple connectivity options enable coupling with smartphones, tabs, PCs, gaming consoles, multimedia players, and so on
- Low power rating makes the projector highly energy efficient
- Constructed from high grade of plastic and therefore is very hardwearing
- It is incredibly lightweight and can be fitted in your palm
- Doesn’t have a built-in battery
- Picture quality is poor when projector is used in a room with ambient lighting
- Not at all suitable for making presentations in a conference or showing educational movies or videos in a college classroom
- Texts projected on the wall, screen or any flat surface are not legible
10. Philips PPX4010 Portable LED Pocket Projector, 100 Lumens, with USB, HDMI Connectivity, 120″ Video Projection, 2.9 Oz
If you’re in the market for a versatile pocket sized projector then the Philips PPX4010 Portable LED Pocket Projector is your best bet. This pocket projector Philips is perfectly capable of displaying lifelike photos, images, and videos, thanks to its powerful 100 lumens LED image projector. The renowned electronics giant provides a mini-HDMI to HDMI cable for hooking up the PPX4010 with a laptop, notebook or a PC for displaying both visual and textual content archived in the gadgets.
This portable pocket projector from Philips is powered by the USB interface of your notebook or laptop and doesn’t require a separate or external power source. So, getting started is simply a matter of plugging and playing. The proprietary SmartEngine reinforced by LED technology reflects images and pictures of up to 120 inch that are colorful, bright, and lucid.
A micro USB to USB-Y-cable is also included in the pack for connecting with a host of devices. The Philips pocket projector weighs 0.89lbs which makes it extremely lightweight and is supremely compact as it measures 3.82” x 2.13” x 0.67” (l x b x h).
- Light source: LED engine with a 100 lumens rating
- LED light has a lifetime of over 30,000 hours
- Superlight: just weighs 0.98lbs
- Incredibly compact: 3.82” x 2.13” x 0.67”
- HDMI and micro cables included in the package
- Manual with detailed instructions
- Projects images that have a size of up to 120 inches
- Advanced LED imaging technology that makes the most of Texas Instruments’ DLP technology for displaying high quality images
- Weighing just about 83g, the pocket projector can be carried along with ease
- Compact built means the projector takes up minimal space during operation or storage
- The LED light is good enough for projecting images up to a maximum of 30,000 hours
- Equipped with a range of connectivity options
- Options for controlling luminosity and image focusing
- The projector is extremely susceptible to weather variations and can get overheated if operated for long in areas where the climate is hot and humid
- Since the gadget is too lightweight, connection cords can make it unstable
- Image quality will suffer if projector is not used in a dark room
- External speakers will be required if someone needs to make a presentation that is audible throughout the room
In this review on pocket projectors, some top quality products were evaluated against a set of quality parameters like imaging technology, aspect ratio, contrast ratio, image size, optimum projection range, and so on. Some of the pocket projectors more than met the performance yardsticks including the Magnasonic Rechargeable Hi-Resolution pocket projector, DBPOWER T20, and Amaz-Play.
If you’re looking for a pocket projector that you can use for viewing movies at home as well as make presentations in offices, then go for the Magnasonic or DBPOWER projector. If you’re looking for something more topnotch, choose the Philips PPX4010. And if you wish to buy a projector for your kids, then go for the iToobe i8 mini projector or the COOQI projector from Momiqi.